I am skeptical about fundraising in general, but then somehow even losing US political candidates manage to raise tens of millions for their campaigns, so what do I know :-)

Good luck! And maybe if you raise the cash upfront (as opposed to trying to recoup the costs by selling licenses afterwards), you can keep the tool open source?

Andrus