If you're only updating your EO's within a single eof stack, then there's something else going on here. If your model is correct, everything should stay up-to-date automatically. You mention that your to-many is not updating. Are you calling addObjectToBothSidesOfRelationshipWithKey on all the relationships you're setting up? You should not need to refresh refetch objects if you're within a single stack.

ms