I believe it should be:

<wo:WOString value = "Hello" />, how are you?

-Andrew

On Oct 31, 2007, at 10:14 PM, Jonathan Miller wrote:

Hi,

Trying to use WOOGNL for the first time and I'm not sure where I've gone wrong. As a first attempt I added the following line of code to my sample project

<wo:string value = "Hello" />, how are you?

The page renders but it only displays

, how are you?

I have the following in my properties file:

ognl.active = true
ognl.helperFunctions=true
ognl.inlineBindings=true

The WOOGNL framework is included in the project and my main application constructor looks like this:

    public Application() {
        NSLog.out.appendln("Welcome to " + this.name() + " !");
        /* ** put your initialization code in here ** */
WOHelperFunctionHTMLTemplateParser.registerTagShortcut("WOString", "string"); WOHelperFunctionHTMLTemplateParser.registerTagShortcut("WOString", "str"); WOHelperFunctionHTMLTemplateParser.registerTagShortcut("ERXElse", "else"); WOHelperFunctionHTMLTemplateParser .registerTagShortcut("WOConditional", "if"); WOHelperFunctionHTMLTemplateParser .registerTagShortcut("WOConditional", "condition"); WOHelperFunctionHTMLTemplateParser .registerTagShortcut("WOConditional", "conditional"); WOHelperFunctionHTMLTemplateParser .registerTagShortcut("WOHyperlink", "link"); WOHelperFunctionHTMLTemplateParser .registerTagShortcut("WORepetition", "loop"); WOHelperFunctionHTMLTemplateParser .registerTagShortcut("WOTextField", "textfield"); WOHelperFunctionHTMLTemplateParser.registerTagShortcut("WOCheckBox", "checkbox"); WOHelperFunctionHTMLTemplateParser .registerTagShortcut("WOHiddenField", "hidden"); WOHelperFunctionHTMLTemplateParser .registerTagShortcut("WOPopUpButton", "select"); WOHelperFunctionHTMLTemplateParser .registerTagShortcut("WORadioButton", "radio"); WOHelperFunctionHTMLTemplateParser .registerTagShortcut("WOPasswordField", "password"); WOHelperFunctionHTMLTemplateParser .registerTagShortcut("WOFileUpload", "upload"); WOHelperFunctionHTMLTemplateParser.registerTagShortcut("WOText", "text"); WOHelperFunctionHTMLTemplateParser.registerTagShortcut("WOForm", "form"); WOHelperFunctionHTMLTemplateParser .registerTagShortcut("WOSubmitButton", "submit"); WOHelperFunctionHTMLTemplateParser .registerTagShortcut("ERXLocalizedString", "localized"); WOHelperFunctionHTMLTemplateParser .registerTagProcessorForElementType(new NotTagProcessor(), "not");
    }

Is there a step I'm missing?

Best,

Jon