On 07.11.2007, at 13:24, Shagor Ghani wrote:

Basically, I'm looking to populate a pulldown menu, inappropriately titled WOPopUpButton in WOBuilder, with a set of values, e.g. "Red", "Blue", and "Green".

These are named appropriately if you're not looking from a Windows perspective. A dropdown or pulldown window on the Mac is something that drops down from the menu bar - not a button where you click on and it pops up ...

But anyway.

Problem is, I don't want to accomplish this by building an NSArray of Strings with these values and then binding the NSArray to the 'list' attribute in the

May I ask why?

WOPopUpButton. Is there a better way to do this whereby I don't have to store these values in code, DB, etc, but directly in my HTML or somehow in the component itself?

Don't create a WOPopupButton but a normal input element (select) as you like it, give it a name, and get the value with "context().request().formValueForKey(name)".

If I take the approach of a static WOPopUpButton component, how would I access the selection in my code?

There is no "static" WOPopupButton - it is always a "dynamic element".

cug
--
http://www.event-s.net