And what is this supposed "problem" with storing these values in an NSArray of your component? You say you want to store them "somewhere" in your component. A WO component is made up of HTML, WOD, WOO and a Java class. So I would consider storing the list in an NSArray of the component's Java class "somewhere" in the component.

That being said. Why do you need a dynamic component to store static information. You could always just write the popup button in pure static HTML. There's nothing stopping you from doing that. Of, course it's going to be extra work on your part to get at that data from your component's Java class. Something that WO component bindings just nicely take care of for you.