Hi,

I'd offer to record the event, but I'm not sure if I'll make it down.

Is there the possibility this year of making the course material, videos etc available for purchase by people who don't attend?

That was always the plan. However... we had a large number of A/ V technical problems. Development skill apparently does not carry over to A/V skills. The results were less than fully satisfactory. We should be prepared this year.

I can resume the A/V problems to this:

- DON'T EVER USE a PowerBook G4 as a iMovie capture station

- it's even worse to use a PowerBook G4 as a iMovie capture station AND a AirPort Base Station

You might want to take a simple approach next time, use real video cameras running off A/C adapters, record to tape then suck it into your edit station later using firewire.

I normally use a good DV cam with XLR audio in, there's often an audio line out that you can plug straight into. I rarely use tapes anymore, I record straight to Quicktime on my laptop using Wirecast and firewire to the camera. Wirecast allows for an array of scene selections including the presenter's desktop, you can do this wirelessly through a local network.

- wired microphones are a PITA

Minidisc players were good for this years ago, when you could still buy them. I don't know what devices are usually used these days, but you could record the audio stand alone and mix it back in later using the camera audio to sync things together.

Post-production is BAD.

- bad lengthy VGA cable is BAD

Gordon

Gordon Belray
Information Architect and Imaging System Manager
Information Technology Services Robarts Library
416.946.8617    cell: 416.427.7007
[EMAIL PROTECTED]