On 6-Apr-08, at 3:33 AM, Rams wrote:

I'm trying to Generate SQL to create my tables and it is failing. My searching leads me to believe it is due to my setup as described here...

http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/mail/3047829

I'm using:

OS X 10.5
WO 5.4.1
WOLips 3.5?
MySQL 5.0.51a
and Connector J 5.0.8.

Is there a workaround for this issue until there is a fix?

Yes, set up your project linked to the WO5.3.3 frameworks.

Also, does anyone have a rough timetable on when a fix will be available?

Apple would, but nothing publicly announced.

Wouldn't that require downgrading my entire system to Tiger? Honestly, that doesn't sound very reasonable. I've been using Leopard for six months. It would be rather difficult to uninstall/ downgrade now. I think it would be easier to learn enough SQL to set up tables manually... or is the Generate SQL issue only the tip of the iceberg?

Anyone else have a working solution? Different choice in database perhaps?

To clarify: The issue is with the 5.4.x version of the APIs that EntityModeler uses to generate SQL - this is a known issue and a fix is pending in the next release of WO from Apple. A timeline of that release is not known at this point.

This issue also effects ERMigrations from Project Wonder as they use the same API. General functioning of EOF is *not* effected.

Workarounds:

        - Use WO 5.3
        - Manually generate your DB schema
- Temporarily link to WO 5.3 (or create a separate project linked to WO 5.3) for the generation of SQL or ERMigrations

;david

--
David LeBer
Codeferous Software