I'm trying to Generate SQL to create my tables and it is failing. My searching leads me to believe it is due to my setup as described here...

http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/mail/3047829

I'm using:

OS X 10.5
WO 5.4.1
WOLips 3.5?
MySQL 5.0.51a
and Connector J 5.0.8.

Is there a workaround for this issue until there is a fix?

Yes, set up your project linked to the WO5.3.3 frameworks.

Also, does anyone have a rough timetable on when a fix will be available?

Apple would, but nothing publicly announced.

Wouldn't that require downgrading my entire system to Tiger? Honestly, that doesn't sound very reasonable. I've been using Leopard for six months. It would be rather difficult to uninstall/ downgrade now. I think it would be easier to learn enough SQL to set up tables manually... or is the Generate SQL issue only the tip of the iceberg?

Search the wiki for a script called "woswitch", it will do everything for you included downloading and installing the 5.3.3. frameworks all you need to do is quit eclipse, run the script and restart eclipse and your done. It doesn't touch any of your installed frameworks, only downloads some files and modifies your wolips build properties file.

Ok, I found woswitch at the very bottom of the page here:

http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WO/WO+5.4+Getting+Started

Ran the script and now I have numerous problems. I tried switching to 53, create an eomodel, generate sql. That worked in generating a simple entity in the database, I didn't try any relationships. Once done, I closed the project (without closing eclipse), switched back to 54, reopened the project, and the entity no longer exists in the EOModel file. I assume that has something to do with the roughly 38 errors complaining about not being able to resolve the enitity... I'm guessing I don't have the proper frameworks selected.

In addition to that, previously working apps no longer open correctly complaining with two errors that:

Invalid classpath container: 'WebObjects Frameworks' in project 'WOLipsTest'
The project cannot be built until build path errors are resolved

So it seems either I'm doing something wrong, or I'm going to need to select my frameworks anytime I switch between the two... ??

Finally, WOnder is nowhere to be found. I get errors relating to anything WOnder and even though the frameworks are right where they were previous to running woswitch.sh, I cannot find them in the configure build path dialog any longer. I'm guessing that has something to do with the NEXT_ROOT business mentioned in the wiki, but I really have no idea how to get it back.

Assistance will be greatly appreciated if anyone can clue me into what I'm doing wrong...

--
Learn how to secure your email
(Mac OS X 10.3+) http://www.joar.com/certificates/