Hi!

On 2008/04/08, at 17:12, Robert Walker wrote:

Speaking of that, why do we continue the "Cargo Cult" of the relational database? Isn't it about time to move past them, and begin moving to persistent storage that makes sense in the modern age of objects? That's all I'll say on the subject. I'm not trying to start a long discussion that will all end in tears.

I do agree, I hate relational DBs. The problem is that I still didn't find any other persistent store that:

1) Can scale and handle high load (in a real environment, not just on the spec sheet);
  2) Is affordable/free;
  3) Integrates well with powerful frameworks like WO.

When something comes up that meets these criteria, I will move on the first day. I feel the same as you, it's incredible how little databases have evolved in the last decades. But if making a good alternative was easy, we would have lots of them around, I guess.

  Yours

Miguel Arroz

Miguel Arroz
http://www.terminalapp.net