On May 1, 2008, at 8:24 PM, Jaime Magiera wrote:

Hello,

After not having done much WO programming for several years, I'm starting to delve into WOLips. I'm noticing that Entity Modeler is quoting my column names during generation, which is causing the MySQL to fail.

I've tried reading up on all the threads on the list. However, I'm still not clear how folks are working around this. Should I update the MySQL installation to include the quoting module? Or is there a tweak in Entity Modeler to get it to generate quote-less column names.

Thanks for any help. So far, WOLips is pretty sweet (though I do miss drag-n-drop).

Jaime Magiera

Sensory Research
http://www.sensoryresearch.net

Hi Jaime,

I had the exact same problem when I started back a few weeks ago... The SQL generator is completely broken. You will need to switch to 5.3 if you want to generate sql for your database. Fortunately, it isn't terribly difficult if you know where to go. You'll find a script called woswitch that makes switching back and forth between 5.3/5.4 easy at the bottom of this page:

http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WO/WO+5.4+Getting+Started

The script doesn't touch your 5.4 install. You will need to exit Eclipse completely before attempting to switch between 53/54. If you are using wonder, you will also need to install the 5.3 wonder frameworks in the path

/Developer/WebObjects53/Library/Frameworks

Good Luck!

--
Learn how to secure your email
(Mac OS X 10.3+) http://www.joar.com/certificates/