On May 12, 2008, at 3:33 PM, Chuck Hill wrote:

Well, that does not sound so back. JavaClient may throw a spanner into it.

Biggest issue is that you can't do the work on the server, then send the EOs containing the Inner Class down to the client because EOF doesn't know how to encode the Inner Class as part of the Client- Server EOF Sync, assumably because the Inner Classes aren't in the Model.

So I end up doing all the work on the client which means bringing a lot of EOs down to the client just to build the summary data there instead of doing the work on the server, right "next to" the DB then copying just the summary data down. With a couple more years experience, maybe I'd figure out how to massage the EODistribution classes into doing what I want (serialize the Inner Classes myself, etc). WOnder<Java Client> here we come.

What you are doing in caching expensive values in an EO. I do that, it works. You just need to be careful to invalidate the cache at the right time. This can be even tricker when multiple EOs are involved.

Yeah. I think I'm running into this exact problem as I'm ending up with bad data at times. It seems random, but I'm sure it's not.

Maybe if I throw in multiple EOF instances and connection pooling...

Dave