It's a bug in Project Wonder. Add this to your application constructor to revert to the old way and everything will feel good again.

What is the bug in Wonder?

                if (isDirectConnectEnabled()) {
registerRequestHandler(new ERXStaticResourceRequestHandler(), "_wr_");
                        if (ERXApplication.isWO54()) {
                                registerRequestHandler(new
ERXStaticResourceRequestHandler(), "wr");
                        }
                }

I have no idea why it does this ... I have to believe Anjo was aiming to fix SOMETHING since he went out of his way to put that in, but it sounds like we should pull it back out.

ms