With a WOImage, WOActiveImage, and several other WO Controls you can specify a framework that your image file is loaded from and then the image name. When you use this methodology you do not need to specify a path for an image resource. For webserverresources, for css or other, you can put in a virtual link to WEB-INF/appname.app/Contents/ WebServerresources/mycss.css. I may not be understanding how you are wanting to access your resources.