Hi all,

I've just bumped into a need to maintain a sequential numbering of database rows, which are created by more concurrent WO application instances.

Whilst I can think of a number of possible solutions, I'd like to ask for your experience before implementing one? Strangely enough I haven't done this yet, and thus can't well estimate the advantages and disadvantages of different possible approaches (locking, UNIQUE column, etc...) and their respective gotchas.

Thanks,
---
Ondra Čada
OCSoftware:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]               http://www.ocs.cz