It took a lot of work, but I have completed most of the transition of my project from Xcode 2.x (WO 5.3) to Eclipse 3.3.2 / WOLips 3.3.5385 (WO 5.4.2). The java files are error from but still have some warnings, mostly due to generics. The problem I am running into is with the WO components. I get error messages (from Eclipse) in the HTML/WOD files stating there is no key 'keyName' in MiniMonthCalendar. It is unable to find inherited iVars. If I define the iVar locally, it works. All java files are in the same package. Note that all of this was working code prior to the migration.

Here are the simplified relevant pieces to the classes / components involved:

BaseComponent extends WOComponent
{
        // valueForKey() was overridden here to provide some custom behavior.
// I found a thread that indicated that could be the cause problems so I
        // removed it for testing. The errors persisted.
}

CalendarBase extends BaseComponent
{
        protected int dayIndex; // No accessor methods provided for dayIndex
}

MiniMonthCalendar extends CalendarBase
{
        protected  GregorianCalendar  gcMiniCalendar;

        public AppointmentCalendar dayViewForDate()
        {
AppointmentCalendar nextPage = (AppointmentCalendar) pageWithName ( AppointmentCalendar.class.getName() );
                . . .
                return nextPage;
        }

        public NSTimestamp calendarDate()
        {
                NSTimestamp tsTemp = new NSTimestamp( gcMiniCalendar.getTime()
);
                gcMiniCalendar.add( GregorianCalendar.DAY_OF_MONTH, 1 );
                return tsTemp;
        }

        public NSMutableDictionary<String, String> dateDict()
        {
return NSMutableDictionary containing the date information as a String for the clicked date
        }
}

MiniMonthCalendar.html

                <webobject name="dayLoop">
                        <webobject name="dayLink">
                                <webobject name="theDate"></webobject>
                        </webobject>
                </webobject>

MiniMonthCalendar.wod

dayLoop: WORepetition
{
        count = 7;
        index = dayIndex;       // Cannot find -- iVar defined in
CalendarBase.java
}

dayLink:  WOHyperlink
{
action = dayViewForDate; // Can find -- method defined in MiniMonthCalendar.java queryDictionary = dateDict; // Can find -- method defined in MiniMonthCalendar.java
}

theDate: WOString
{
value = calendarDate; // Can find -- method defined in MiniMonthCalendar.java
        dateformat = "%d";
}