Gus,

Sorry, I think I skimmed over your original e-mail a bit quickly. Can you provide a more complete code listing?

Clark

On Oct 14, 2008, at 2:34 PM, WebObjects wrote:

On Oct 14, 2008, at 4:13 PM, Clark Mueller wrote:

You need to get a local copy of the object in the editing context where you are trying to make the relationship. Have a look at EOUtilities.localInstanceOfObject(ec, object).

So even if I sent the EO from one component to another I should get a local copy of it?
I have
EOEditingContext editingContext =  ERXEC.newEditingContext();

I checked the EOUtilities.localInstanceOfObject(editingContext, emp);
I used also the ERXUtilities.localInstanceOfObject(editingContext, emp);
and then  tried again
emp.addObjectsToBothSidesOfRelationshipWithKey(selectedItems(), Employee.TURNS_KEY);
and still Im getting the same error, what Im doing wrong?

Gus

Clark