On Jun 26, 2009, at 12:55 AM, Chuck Hill wrote:

On Jun 25, 2009, at 8:49 PM, Ricardo J. Parada wrote:

Let me correct something I said: the action method is getting called!!! –– I was just confused the first time I looked.

Anyways, the action method gets called and then that action method is calling performParentAction as follows:

      return performParentAction(s);

I did not write that component and I rarely use the performParentAction. But that is returning null. And that is the value my component gets at line#113 and returns the page instead (is that bad? should I return the null value instead?).

Returning context.page is best.

Thanks... it's good to know.

Then if I resume execution I get the null pointer exception in _popComponentFromContext() in WebObjects.

Any chance the code called by performParentAction(s); is doing something bad?

I just noticed that the context().component() right before calling performParentAction(s) is my component that triggered the action. BUT then, after I call performParentAction(s) I check the context().component() again and I noticed it has changed. Shouldn't it be the same? Anyways, I'm suspecting that's my problem. Because if I call context()._setCurrentComponent() to set the current component back to the one before calling performParentAction(s) then the exception no longer happens.

Anyways, this is good progress... If the context current component was not supposed to change then I need to find out why it's changing. That may require a subclass of the editing context (which Wonder may already have) and then implement the _setCurrentComponent() and set a breakpoint so that I can see what's changing it.

Chuck

Still investigating...