On Oct 29, 2009, at 3:21 PM, Baiss Eric Magnusson wrote:

I'm trying to do a partial woa application deploy for some demo purposes;

Partial deploy?

since I have now decided to retro-fit TYF with Wonder, and that will take awhile The WOA Runs pretty well, but in deployment it fails immediately on launch.

********* on browser *********
http://baissyi.local:60353/cgi-bin/WebObjects/tyf.woa
Why isn't port set to my specifications?

Have you disabled WODirectConnect?

-WODirectConnectEnabled NO

Which plist does the WO application look at, where does this occur?

Properties, but the additional args in JavaMonitor is maybe the better place to set this.

An Internal Server Error Has Occurred.

Probably your app is loading the wrong Session or Main class (wrong or mis-ordered classpath). Check in /Library/Java/Extensions and / Library/WebObjects/Extensions.

Same version of WO on both machines?  Check carefully.

******** from a command line launch of an Ant built deploy on either server or development machine I get the same log *******
<main> Opening application's URL in browser:
http://216.162.201.227: 60353/cgi-bin/WebObjects/tyf.woa

Installed NSProjectSearchPath fix // this is not seen, it's on my other deploy of an application, could this be the problem?

Nope, only relevant to dev mode.

<main> null
<main> Waiting for requests...
url /cgi-bin/WebObjects/tyf.woa start 0 stop 27 currentIndex 19 value /cgi-bin/WebObjects url /cgi-bin/WebObjects/tyf.woa start 19 stop 27 currentIndex 26 value tyf

Who, why, and what generates the above lines?

Nothing that I know of.

url /cgi-bin/WebObjects/tyf.woa decomposed /cgi-bin/WebObjects/ tyf.woa

WOMLDefaultErrorHandler.fatalError(org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Open quote is expected for attribute "name" associated with an element type "webobject".)
<com.webobjects.appserver._private.WODirectActionRequestHandler>:
Exception while handling action named "default" on action class "null"
Exception while trying to generate an error response: com.webobjects.appserver.parser.woml.WOMLTemplateParserException: ExceptionFin: 7:18: Open quote is expected for attribute "name" associated with an element type "webobject".

at com .webobjects .appserver ._private .WOActionRequestHandler._handleRequest(WOActionRequestHandler.java: 320)
Caused by: com.webobjects.appserver.parser.woml.WOMLTemplateParserException: ExceptionFin: 7:18: Open quote is expected for attribute "name" associated with an element type "webobject". at com .webobjects .appserver .parser.woml.WOMLTemplateParser.process(WOMLTemplateParser.java:347)
at com .webobjects.appserver.WOComponent.generateResponse(WOComponent.java: 1538)

at tyf.app.Application.handleException(Application.java:97) // that's me trying to handle the exception gracefully

at com .webobjects .appserver ._private .WODirectActionRequestHandler .generateErrorResponse(WODirectActionRequestHandler.java:126) at com .webobjects .appserver ._private .WOActionRequestHandler._handleRequest(WOActionRequestHandler.java: 318)

Startup path, unfound resource? But how can I find that out?

Looks like a bad .wo template. Or maybe it is loading the wrong version of some XML parser (see above comments on Main and Session).

Chuck Hill             Senior Consultant / VP Development

Practical WebObjects - for developers who want to increase their overall knowledge of WebObjects or who are trying to solve specific problems.