On Nov 2, 2009, at 6:55 PM, Baiss Eric Magnusson wrote:

Now I'm back at the WOMLTemplateParserException and failing on the development machine!

At least you are having fun!  :-P

Progress (albeit the failure backing up is a strange way to solve problems), thank you anyway, I know that the code is more in sync.

Not sure what you are referring to.

detailMessage:
Open quote is expected for attribute "name" associated with an element type "webobject".

Do you have a stack trace for that? Are you using the WO 5.4 parser? I've never seen that message before. Either this is a "feature" of the 5.4 parser, or the wrong parsing class is getting loaded.

I now know the line of code in the HTML file that is failing, it's in the <head> block, another missing file when needed?
in the HTML:
        <webobject name="TimeZoneJS" />

That line does not seem to match the error message above: there ARE quotes around the name value.

and in the .wod:

That error has nothing to do with the contents of the wod file.

TimeZoneJS: WOJavaScript {
        scriptFile = "/tyf/jsScripts/TimeZone_js.txt";
}

I've tried putting </tyf/jsScripts/TimeZone_js.txt> in both the <Resources> and WebServerResources folder of the Eclipse project. I tried changing the above to:
        scriptSource = "/tyf/jsScripts/TimeZone_js.txt";

I've tried to put <TimeZone_js.txt> in every folder known to me in WebServerResources and Resources with no success.

The javascript .txt, .plist and .xml files are currently in Resources.

None of those are related to this error message.

How does WebServerResources differ from Resources in the overall scheme of things, aren't they both totally client side needed resources? Except I see the model is usually in the Resources folder, along with all the javascript, sml, and plist files.

Resources are used by the application and access from Java code. WebServerResources are used / served by Apache and accessed by HTML.

When I right-click on <TimeZone_js.txt> I can:
        <Include as Resource> or
        <Include as WebServerResource>
what does WOLips do with these choices.

Depends on whether you want to access this from your Java code or from HTML.

Chuck