Hi David,

Sorry forgot to mention that to get the adaptor to use
/Apps/WebObjects instead of /cgi-bin/WebObjects you need to have this
variable set in your adaptor configuration file for Apache.

WebObjectsAlias /Apps/WebObjects

- John

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 12:35 PM, David Griffith <da...@infinityspain.com> wrote:
> [...]
> from my Mac to the JavaMonitor on the server through Apache using the
> following link:
>
> http://192.168.1.10/app/WebObjects/JavaMonitor.
>
> More importantly, I'm trying to figure out how to make wotaskd and
> JavaMonitor start automatically at startup.  There used to be a WOServices
> script for this but I don't see it in the 5.4.3 files that downloaded by
> WOInstaller.  Also, I have used a sample script that I found on one of the
> documents on wiki.objectstyle which I think should start them but I still
> can't access JavaMonitor.
>
> When I run them from the command line, I get this:
>
> The URL for webserver connect is:
> http://localhost/cgi-bin/WebObjects/wotaskd.woa/-1085
>
> Which makes me think that there may be something missing in the Apache
> config file too, as it should be showing /app/WebObjects, not
> /cgi-bin/WebObjects.
>
> Regards,
> David.
>
> On Nov 9, 2009, at 1:22 PM, Bogdan Zlatanov wrote:
>
> Hi David,
>

> JavaMonitor starts at port 56789 by default. If you haven't made any changes
> to that, http://192.168.1.10:56789/app/WebObjects/JavaMonitor should do the
> trick.
>

> Cheers
>

> On 9 Nov 2009, at 14:07, David Griffith wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Yeah I've installed the prebuilt one now and I'm trying to get wotaskd and
>> JavaMonitor to load on startup but no idea how.  I've used some of the
>> script that I've found on wiki.objectstyle, have chmod +x them, put them in
>> init.d and created a symlink from rc3.d but they just don't seem to start.
>>
>> Also, I have changed the default /cgi-bin/webObjects to /app/WebObjects
>> and when I type:
>>
>> http://192.168.1.10 I get the Apache page, that's working.
>>
>> When I type:
>>
>> http://192.168.1.10/app/WebObjects/JavaMonitor, I get:
>>
>> The requested application could not be found on this server
>>
>> Which seems to indicate that it is actually using the mod_WebObjects file
>> but I just can't get JavaMonitor to appear.  Both wotaskd and JavaMonitor do
>> start ok if I run them from the command line.
>>
>> Not sure where to go next...
>>
>> Dave.
>>
>> On Nov 8, 2009, at 4:25 PM, Joe Little wrote:
>>
>> I recall having to adjust the make file in too locations, force the
>> gcc somewhere else. But Pascal is correct in that there are also
>> prebuilt one's available. I'm thinking I should reconsider packaging
>> though and perhaps remake my RPMs available at some point.
>>
>> On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 11:59 AM, David Griffith <da...@infinityspain.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Joe,
>>>
>>> Yes I have already done that.  I did manage to get it to complete the
>>> 'make'
>>> command by running it from the Adaptor directory and not from the
>>> directory (it wouldn't run from there) but I think I am perhaps missing