> Hi John,
>
> Yes several people have suggested that, and it's probably what I will
>
> do in the end.  The problem is that it significantly increases the
> file size and as I'm deploying to a remote server with not
> particularly fast upload, it slows down the process a lot when
> updating apps.  At the moment I don't really need to have different
> versions deployed alongside each other and all my apps are using
> basically the same frameworks etc.  I'd like to get them configured
> and set up correctly on the server, once I have that scenario and I
> understand better how it works, I'll be able to consider embedding
> them if I don't need to upload too often.  Once I actually get this
> test server up and running locally, it will hopefully mean less
> uploading anyway :)

It's way more easier to work with embedded frameworks, especially on Linux. You
only need to have NEXT_ROOT defined, nothing else. If you use embedded
frameworks, the instructions on the wiki is enough to get running on Linux.
wocommunity.org is running on a CentOS 5.3 box with this exact same setup.

Pascal Robert

http://www.macti.ca
http://www.linkedin.com/in/macti

Skype: MacTICanada