It is an anonymous subclass. (I guess that is the correct term)

If you look at the creation of the WKEOUtils.OptimisticLockAction creation earlier in this thread, it is the same thing. Each time we create an OptimisticLockAction, we create a different subclass of the abstract OL Action class with a new doPerform method. That after creation ,we can it.

Same technique used in ERXEOAccessUtilities.ChannelAction.