True, but then I would be bypassing the EC factory, which just seems dirty, but yes, this very good suggestion is an elegant way to do it for sure.

On Dec 3, 2009, at 2:16 PM, Anjo Krank wrote:

PS. And even the above is not perfect protection against an autolock if a thread gets cpu execution delay between construction statement and the ec.setCoalesceAutoLocks(false) statement. After setting safelocking props to false, I should really check if the ec was autolocked and unlock it before returning .... or even have an ERXEC constructor that takes a safeLocking boolean param, but that would be two more undesired constructors ....... so probably making isLockedInThread public (or accessible using reflection) should do the trick.

In that case, you'd be better with

return new ERXEC(os) {
    public boolean useAutoLock() {return false;}

    public boolean coalesceAutoLocks() {return false;}
};

Cheers, Anjo

This email sent to kieran_li...@mac.com