Greetings Xavier, Mike, Cheong, and the Practical guys,
There are two features emerging that kind of like for this idea.   One is the
CardDAV notion and second is this "assertion authentication" pattern that has
been implemented by Mobile Access Service, OpenSSO, and Shibboleth.   A link to
the CardDAV reference, even if kept semi-private, would be sufficient to have a
unique reference to any user to be had.   Since both Apple and Amazon seem to
be making such a standard available, then it makes sense for authorization.

If the Java OpenSSO (https://opensso.dev.java.net/) libraries can use the
assertions found in Shibboleth and Mobile Access environments, then this would
be a most useful for a wide spread and deployed WO app.

But, Chuck may already have me on the certified list.   Certified for what,
don't ask.

Later,

Daniel Beatty, ABD
Computer Scientist