Hi

On 07/28/2010 07:54 PM, Tusker wrote:
Hi,

I'm seeing some very bizarre things with javamonitor and wotaskd. I have new clean Snow Leopard servers. I have a 3 machine setup. 1 Websever, 1 Application server (Javamonitor, wotaskd) and 1 database server. I followed the following instructions (http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WO/Programming__WebObjects-Web+Applications-Deployment-Mac+OS+X+Server).
before installing did you fix OS X ?  need to be root for that so in a term do:
 sudo su -
for being root the fix local file based dns resolution
$ vi /etc/hosts

change line starting with 127.0.0.1 to
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost  srv.domain.tld srv

or to

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
and  add a line with the ip of the network card
1.2.3.4  srv.domain.tld  srv
(but if the interface is down it could lead to problems)

(the optional step is to set the root password with passwd, I really don't like
pseudo admin account)

Finaly if you only have this server in the hosts tab of the JavaMonitor (and plan to only have this one) just declare it with 127.0.0.1

Regards

Aurélien