Le 2010-09-10 à 19:56, Jeremy Matthews a écrit :

> Since I'm in and out of the WO world, I can say that it was hardest for me to
> get updated documentation, sample code, examples, podcasts, etc.
>
> News and information appears sporadic and sparse...and not just on WO, but
> with the rest of the stuff WO devs use (Wonder, Eclipse config, etc).

This is true.

> The folks on this list are fantastic, but I don't view them as my personal
> resource for every single WO question out there, and the ones I had (or have)
> tend to be the same ones that those before me had as well. The community is
> small...GREAT, but small. So when I have a tough question (which happens), it
> seems like the same few folks are answering. It makes me leery for the future
> - if Chuck and Kieran get hit by a bus, I would be going to the nearest bar
> and running a very large tab!

I must say that most communities are like this, and this is part of the reason
I dropped off our local MUG years ago, it was always the same people asking
questions, and the same who answered them.  Same situation in some online user
groups I participate in.

The main problem is that every time someone is good at helping people and with
coding, Apple will snatch him. In 2004-2005, a lot of people went to Apple and
the community had a down, but Mike came him and "fixed" the community. Now Mike
is at Apple too, so we need to find another Mike... until that new Mike is took
away by Apple too (unless that person doesn't want to work at Apple).

--
Pascal Robert
prob...@macti.ca

AIM/iChat : MacTICanada