> Calendar dates should not be represented by NSTimestamp.  The Date prototype
> is wrong for using it IMHO.

i couldn't agree more. but where do we go from here ?

1) leave the mysql date prototype as it is now, broken and unusable

2) patch the mysql date prototype so that it works properly, but still
mapped to NSTimestamp so that we don't break everyone in the world who
is using it as an NSTimestamp

3) change the mysql date prototype completely (i'm a fan of plain old
int's) and put up with the flack from the people we break!

4) alternatively i guess we could just add a new mysql prototype (e.g.
intDate) .... ?

simon