> Are you deliberately compiling the adaptor from scratch?  If nothing else I
> guess that means you don't have to determine what architecture you're on.
> I'm just thinking you could compile it once for each, store those somewhere
> and download them with that script, then you could avoid installing gcc.

yeah, i know what you mean. at first i was just downloading the binary
versions from mdimension but i thought building it each time will
avoid any issues (or maybe even highlight issues) each time you boot a
new instance, because each time you boot an amazon linux box you get
the very latest version.

i envisaged a situation where a minor upgrade to apache for example
might rock the boat if we were using binaries, whereas building
natively stands more chance of navigating around such issues.

i don't have a lot of experience in this area - maybe someone with
more knowledge of the woadaptor could recommend which is the best
approach ?

ultimately my vision for ec2 automation is that we have some
uber-script that runs first to determine what sub-scripts you need to
run based on the ami you are booting. we're going to publish some more
scripts (hopefully this week) that are examples of how to auto-deploy
your apps right the way from hudson to your freshly created ec2
instances...

simon