On Oct 24, 2010, at 7:35 AM, Francesco Romano wrote:

> Hi to everyone.
> I'd like to take a look to ERModernLook and to try to create my first D2W
> application.
> I've a new iMac that I want to set up to develop with WebObjects, but I can't
> build Wonder...
>
> So.. this is what I've done till now:
> 1) downloaded Eclipse 3.6 for Cocoa 64bit, and installed WOLips stable version
> 2) followed this link to install WO frameworks:
> http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/Using+WOLips+With+Multiple+Versions+of+WebObjects
> I created the wolips.543.properties file linking to my frameworks, tested a
> WonderApplication (simple Hello World) in Eclipse and it works.
> 3) tried to install Wonder:
> http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WONDER/Download+Wonder+Source%2C+Build%2C+Install+and+Upgrade
> I checkout the repository, linked the build.properties file to the WOLips
> file and... it can't build the frameworks:
> it fails on every import.. (just the first lines)

1. Same for me
2. Same for me
3. Instead, I install the latest SVN
(http://www.collab.net/downloads/community/), latest subclipse, then checkout
Wonder 5.4 branch into the workspace.  From there, I do a "File->Import" of all
the frameworks into a "Wonder Frameworks" working set, the apps into a "Wonder
Applications" working set, the Examples into a "Wonder Examples" working set,
and the tests into a "Wonder Tests" working set.

Now, everything builds inside Eclipse for me and there's no command line magic
to remember.  If I want to update to the latest version of wonder, I just need
to select the wonder folder and right click -> "Team -> Update to Head". Most
importantly, I can now set breakpoints in Wonder, edit the source, a
create/apply patches with right click -> "Team -> * Patch".

Ramsey