On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 12:16 PM, Mark Ritchie <mark.ritc...@mac.com> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> On 24/Nov/2010, at 8:33 AM, Ron Lift wrote:
> > When I use http://<servername>cgi-bin/WebObjects/<appname> I get a 404
> error.
> > The webserver log has
> > “script not found or unable to stat:
> /Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/WebObjects”
> First off, how did '.../cgi-bin/...'  become '.../CGI-Executables/...' ?
> I've tried messing with my apache2 settings but I can't reproduce your
> error.
> Also, you mentioned apache.conf below so that leads me to wonder what
> version of apache you're using?

The apache.conf came from this line in the install doco

cd /etc/apache2 cp httpd.conf httpd.conf.backup echo "Include
/System/Library/WebObjects/Adaptors/Apache2.2/apache.conf" >>
httpd.conf

> > this is some lines from the apache.conf file
> > WebObjectsDocumentRoot /Library/WebServer/Documents
> > WebObjectsAlias /cgi-bin/WebObjects
> > WebObjectsConfig http://localhost:1085 10
> > I can get to the wotaskd http://<servername>:1085  and using
> localhost:1085
> That's a good sign!
>
> > I cannot get to http://<servername>/cgi-bin/WebObjects/WOAdaptorInfo I
> get a 404 error. I saw a post with this
> > “but the WOAdaptorInfo page was reporting nothing ... bingo”
> > I just need to know what “bingo” is. I know when I find out I am going to
> say “dah, I should have known that”
> I doubt that you can get to WOAdaptorInfo until you've resolved the path
> issue above.
> And you're going to need to enable it with a directive like:
> WebObjectsAdminUsername public
> (Note: this is the open to all version.  There is an alternative of user
> and password if you want to be more secure once you get things working.)
> M.

I had already  uncommented the WebObjectsAdminUsername public line. I will
change to the password line once I get this working