Oh thanks - !

On Dec 17, 2010, at 3:53 PM, Ramsey Gurley wrote:

> I didn't replicate the ERCore templates identically.  I don't have the static
> variables wrapped in the Key interface.  You should not need to regenerate
> anything under ERCore.

To init() an object nicely, I thought I might should say:

setAuthor(User.clazz.currentUser(editingContext()));

Which doesn't resolve for me, so I wrote it out like this instead:

setAuthorRelationship((User)
((User)ERCoreBusinessLogic.actor()).localInstanceIn(editingContext()));

Which seems to work in testing, but I wanted to adopt the most modern approach
since everything on this project is new.

> You are implementing ERCoreUserInterface on your user entity and you are
> setting it on the thread local with ERCoreBusinessLogic.setActor(...)? If you
> can post the stack trace, I may be able to tell you why you are crashing.

I setup the actor in the session correctly... _I think_

I gett his error, no crash, I was under an impression that it would resolve
once I got my template in order, but you suggest that the Core should be ok, so
I look forward to insight on this if you have--

Dec 17 16:04:10 WOMan[59945] ERROR er.corebusinesslogic.ERCoreBusinessLogic  -
Error while setting getting actor's preferences: java.lang.RuntimeException:
ERXUtilites: localInstancesOfObjects: Array is null
RuntimeException: ERXUtilites: localInstancesOfObjects: Array is null
 at
er.extensions.eof.ERXEOControlUtilities.localInstancesOfObjects(ERXEOControlUtilities.java:93)