On Dec 17, 2010, at 4:26 PM, Jesse Tayler wrote:

Oh thanks - !

On Dec 17, 2010, at 3:53 PM, Ramsey Gurley wrote:

I didn't replicate the ERCore templates identically. I don't have the static variables wrapped in the Key interface. You should not need to regenerate anything under ERCore.

To init() an object nicely, I thought I might should say:

setAuthor(User.clazz.currentUser(editingContext()));

Which doesn't resolve for me,

Doesn't resolve?  Do you have methods like

        public User currentUser(EOEditingContext ec) {
                        return (User) ERCoreBusinessLogic.actor(ec);
                }

        public void setCurrentUser(User user) {
            ERCoreBusinessLogic.setActor(user);
        }

In your user clazz?

so I wrote it out like this instead:

setAuthorRelationship((User) ((User )ERCoreBusinessLogic.actor()).localInstanceIn(editingContext()));

Which seems to work in testing, but I wanted to adopt the most modern approach since everything on this project is new.

You are implementing ERCoreUserInterface on your user entity and you are setting it on the thread local with ERCoreBusinessLogic.setActor(...)? If you can post the stack trace, I may be able to tell you why you are crashing.

I setup the actor in the session correctly... _I think_

I gett his error, no crash, I was under an impression that it would resolve once I got my template in order, but you suggest that the Core should be ok, so I look forward to insight on this if you have--

Dec 17 16:04:10 WOMan[59945] ERROR er.corebusinesslogic.ERCoreBusinessLogic - Error while setting getting actor's preferences: java.lang.RuntimeException: ERXUtilites: localInstancesOfObjects: Array is null
RuntimeException: ERXUtilites: localInstancesOfObjects: Array is null
at er .extensions .eof .ERXEOControlUtilities .localInstancesOfObjects(ERXEOControlUtilities.java:93)

That sounds like you haven't implemented your preferences stuff correctly. Your user _class_ should have methods similar to:

public static final String PREFERENCES = "preferences";

    public void newPreference(EOEnterpriseObject pref) {
        addObjectToBothSidesOfRelationshipWithKey(pref, PREFERENCES);
    }

    public void setPreferences(NSArray array) {
        takeStoredValueForKey(array.mutableClone(), PREFERENCES);
    }

    public NSArray preferences() {
        return (NSArray) storedValueForKey(PREFERENCES);
    }

Ramsey