Thanks for the tips guys. I will try these when I get back to working on this
project tonight. There isn't a static block, but there are a few static
variables that aren't just simply assigned a string or int. I suspect one in
particular.

Thanks for the leads!

Dave

On Jan 25, 2011, at 7:41 AM, Q wrote:

> Couple of other things to try:
> Do a full clean of your workspace.
> Have a look at the static initialisers in GlobalLU and see if any transient
> dependencies might be missing from the classpath. Log4J or some other 3rd
> party jar for example.
>
> On 25/01/2011, at 10:18 PM, Q wrote:
>
>> Check the capitalisation of the class name vs what you have in your model.
>> This error usually only happens when you use a case insensitive file system
>> and try to load a class using the wrong cASE.
>>
>> On 25/01/2011, at 4:00 PM, David Avendasora wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I've been refactoring/modernizing a rather large app that has had the model
>>> as part of the application. I've split out the Model, the model classes and
>>> a bunch of supporting classes that are required by the model classes into a
>>> new Wonder Framework project.
>>>
>>> I've gotten everything to compile correctly in both the new framework
>>> project and the original application in eclipse, but when I the application
>>> it in eclipse, the app fails stating that it can't initialize the model
>>> files. (see stack trace below)
>>>
>>> I know that this is almost certainly a classpath issue, but the Framework
>>> is added to the build path just as the Wonder and WebObjects frameworks
>>> are. The framework only exists as source code in the Eclipse workspace, and
>>> I have tried it with bundles enabled, and disabled and I get the exact same
>>> results.
>>>
>>> Why would an app not be able to find classes at runtime, when it can find
>>> them in the source code? It's got to be something incredibly simple that
>>> I'm just overlooking.
>>>
>>> Dave
>>>

>>> com.webobjects.foundation.NSForwardException
>>> [java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError] Could not initialize class