>> Hello all !
>> I am wondering whether to turn on concurrent request handling on my
>> deployment or not.
>
> I always have this on.
>
>> What are potential drawbacks of this? I assume there should be some.
>> Why would it be off by default otherwise?
>> I could not find anything interesting on this in documentation.
>
> WebObjects has several defaults that are not what most people would want.  I
> think these defaults were set to preserve existing behavior when new features
> were added.  Unless you are sharing unlocked global writable data (from
> static ivars or Application), there is no reason to NOT have this on.  If you
> are sharing unlocked global writable data, then you are Bad Person and should
> fix this!

Thank you for explanation. I think, I'll turn it on then.
I hope I'm not that bad :-)

>> And another question: would concurrent request handling save me from
>> global application deadlocks when one single request locks on
>> exception?
>

> Maybe.  It depends on why that session/request is deadlocking.  I would focus
> on fixing that.

There is a theorem that every code has at least one error. And
consequently it has unlimited number of errors. My code is several
tens thousand rows written on different stages of my understanding of
WebObjects Tao.

Deadlock happen after some errors as ECs don't get unlocked after
those unexpected throwings. Especially after "Out of memory error"
that can not be captured.

Gennady