don't listen to chuck! he's mischievous by nature!

get the darn URL and you'll see if it's just some JSON feed or whatever -
sounds like it would be.

....or perhaps the feed is in an lost ancient binary machine language based on
a six bit encoding you'll have to translate from a partially destroyed stone
that matches it to an early non-linear form of EBCIDIC, but that's only if
someone actually hexed your project.

you'll have to know what you're reading and parse it, I'm sure there are
further examples once you know your protocol.

I'm sure it's not hard to make an EO to read a simple feed and store it in your
database or whatever you need.

On Jul 13, 2011, at 1:57 PM, Chuck Hill wrote:

> With Calven's luck?  Not likely.  :-P
>

> On Jul 13, 2011, at 10:15 AM, David Holt wrote:
>
>> Could they be talking about something like REST?
>>

>> On 2011-07-13, at 6:57 AM, Calven Eggert wrote:
>>
>>> I've just been told that instead of getting data from a database within my
>>> organization that I should be opening a URL and get the data that way.  I
>>> have no clue how that would be done in Webobjects.  Can someone please
>>> gently lead me in the right direction?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Calven