Hi Johan,

(David, Q for you at then end)

I have the same issue: I want to generate export list into an excel file but I
didn't completely succeed because it took too much time to get it work
(question of priority).

But I'm not far. So if you are using ModernLook, I found  informations: search
in the list a msg sent by Markus Ruggiero in march (or look for
ERDControllerButton)

What you have to do, is create a controller (see the java class in attachment,
small code that exports statistics, only not every list).

I created 2 rules like this one (for each entity and I give you a real code
because it's coherent with java class so it's less confusing) :
{
    author = 100;
    class = "com.webobjects.directtoweb.Rule";
    lhs =     {
        class = "com.webobjects.eocontrol.EOAndQualifier";
        qualifiers =         (
                        {
                class = "com.webobjects.eocontrol.EOKeyValueQualifier";
                key = "entity.name";
                selectorName = isEqualTo;
                value = NODailyStatistic;
            },
                        {
                class = "com.webobjects.eocontrol.EOKeyValueQualifier";
                key = task;
                selectorName = isEqualTo;
                value = list;
            }
        );
    };
    rhs =     {
        class = "er.directtoweb.ERDDelayedObjectCreationAssignment";
        keyPath = pageController;
        value = "fr.sophiacom.app.ListStatisticsController";
    };
}-----------------------------------------
A rule for the file content like this:
{
    author = 100;
    class = "com.webobjects.directtoweb.Rule";
    lhs =     {
        class = "com.webobjects.eocontrol.EOKeyValueQualifier";
        key = pageConfiguration;
        selectorName = isEqualTo;
        value = ListExcelNODailyStatistic;
    };
    rhs =     {
        class = "com.webobjects.directtoweb.Assignment";
        keyPath = displayPropertyKeys;
        value =         (
            "application.name",
            day,
            nbSingleNotification,
            nbMassiveNotification,
            nbNotification,
            nbAppReleaseCreated,
            nbAppReleaseRemoved
        );
    };
}
and one rule to make the controller button working:
{
    author = 100;
    class = "com.webobjects.directtoweb.Rule";
    lhs =     {
        class = "com.webobjects.eocontrol.EOKeyValueQualifier";
        key = propertyKey;
        selectorName = isEqualTo;
        value = controllerAction;
    };
    rhs =     {
        class = "com.webobjects.directtoweb.Assignment";
        keyPath = componentName;
        value = ERDControllerButton;
    };
}

But after that, I didn't see any button in the UI :-(

I found the solution in the wiki, I guess: you have to modify the css (I
suppose you have your own css).
By default:
.ERDControllerButton {
        display: none;
}

and put something like that (I'm not good at all at css)

/*  Beginning ERDControllerButton */

.ERXJSFlyOver span {
        left: 45px;
}

.ERXJSFlyOver li {
        display: block;
}

.ERDControllerButton {
        display: block !important;
}

.ERDControllerButtonLinkList {
        display: inline;
        margin: 0px;
        padding: 0px; /* 0px */
}

.ERDControllerButtonLinkList li {
        display: inline;
        margin: 10px;
        padding: 0px;
        font-family: Arial, Geneva, sans-serif;
        font-size: 9px;
}

.ERDControllerButtonLinkList li a {
        padding: 0px 5px;
}

/* uistyle = "flyOver" */

.ERDControllerButtonFlyOverList {
        background-color: #414B5E;
        color: #C2C6CF;
        border: 1px solid #333;
        width: 150px;
        padding: 0px;
}

.ERDControllerButtonFlyOverList a {
        color: #CCC;
}

.ERDControllerButtonFlyOverList a:hover {
        color: #FFF;
        text-decoration: underline;
}
/*  End ERDControllerButton */

And I was able to see the button (a popup actually) and it WORKS. Very happy.
But the button/popup appears on "every" screen (query, edit, …). So I stop my
research at this time, because, again, it's not my top priority.

During the WOWODC, I discussed with David (Holt) after his session and he gave
me a solution but I wrote on a sheet of paper I lost it :-(

<David>
Can you give us the final step please?
</David>

Hope this helps you a little bit.