On Aug 5, 2011, at 12:17 PM, Chuck Hill wrote:

> On 2011-08-05, at 11:45 AM, Tim Worman wrote:
>
>> I'm seeing this now and it's been driving me exactly bat-sh!t crazy. In all
>> the threads I've read on this topic the only thing I haven't found is WHY it
>> happens. Why do any of the transactions on my pages believe that image files
>> are sessions ids? Anybody……….? Bueller………?
>
> The transactions on your pages _don't_ believe that image files are sessions
> ids.  From that page:
> The request URI looks like this:
> /cgi-bin/WebObjects/woapp.woa/wo/images/headerart.jpg.
>
> The /wo/ indicates that it is a session based, component request so WO just
> hands it off to the WOComponentRequestHandler.  The WOComponentRequestHandler
> needs a session to handle the request, so it creates one if one does not
> exist.  After that point it hits the error of the URL being nonsense.
>
> Chuck

Thanks for the explanation Chuck - very much appreciated. After implementing
Klaus's code, I'm now  returning 404's on most of the images in my app - so
they don't show up at least in development. So, this will fubar deployment. I
am using Wonder/apache to rewrite urls. Do I have to get the rewriting involved
in referencing my images properly now?

Tim