On Aug 8, 2011, at 5:19 AM, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:

> Dear List,
>

> I've got a design question: Is it possible to manage cross database
> ManyToMany relationships with EOF?

I believe that at the point of cross-DB-anything, you are no longer talking
about what WO/EOF can do, you are talking about what the database engine itself
is capable of.

Can you write a query that joins across two databases in a regular SQL client?
In my experience with both Oracle and MSSQL it is possible to have
cross-database relationships but you have to setup some things that then have
other implications, especially if the DBs are on different physical servers.

The easy answer is to just use cover methods that do the same things as EOF
relationships, only using fetch specifications, but then that has implications
when it comes to qualifying and sorting.

Dave