Hi Everyone,
Thanks for all of your suggestions.

The general consensus seems to be don't use primary keys in the way I
described, use another unique identifier/slug etc. But if one really, really
has to; then the following are available:

EOUtilities.faultWithPrimaryKey
EOUtilities.faultWithPrimaryKeyValue
EOUtilities.objectWithPrimaryKey
EOUtilities.faultWithPrimaryKeyValue

This should be a common issue then. So I'm surprised there isn't some kind of
slug generator that handles ensuring uniqueness in Wonder. (or is there?)

On 18 Aug 2011, at 21:52, Paul Hoadley wrote:

> Just to clarify slightly, I happen to agree with Dave and Jesse, but that's
> almost incidental to your original post.  When I wrote this:
>
> On 19/08/2011, at 9:37 AM, Paul Hoadley wrote:
>
>> On 18/08/2011, at 11:05 PM, Kevin Hinkson wrote:
>>
>>> Since the best practice is to not make primary keys class properties, how
>>> do I then create a qualifier that is based on the primary key of an EO?
>>
>> My suggestion would be that you don't.
>
> What I meant was: if you _have_ to create a qualifier based on the primary
> key, make the primary key a class property.  I just can't see a good argument
> for hiding it from the class if you've decided the primary key _is_ business
> data in some particular case.
>

> --
> Paul.
>
> http://logicsquad.net/