Don't think so since I just bit the bullet and used the following "brute force"
solution:

1. renamed the old project,
2. created a new wonder project with my desired app name,
3. copied the source, components, properties, etc. files from the project that
thinks its name is MainBundle into the new project,
5. setup the proper java build paths and referenced wonder projects in the new
project, which matches what the old project had setup.

and now everything is well in my new project as far as running under the
development environment (haven't tried deploying it yet).  Still not sure what
about the old project was out of whack, but I'd be willing to try other
suggestions.