Hi all,

I'm looking at trying to open multiple database channels in a single instance
of a WO app. No reason, just wondering if it can be done.  I know there's
ERXObjectStoreCoordinator pool, but this conceptually seems like the wrong way
to do it.  Maybe I want 4 open connections for one database, but only one on
another… whatever.  So I have a look at

https://developer.apple.com/legacy/mac/library/documentation/WebObjects/Enterprise_Objects/Connecting/Connecting.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP30001011-CH210-TPXREF145

and this seems to be the answer to my question.  Well, until I try it. It turns
out that inside of objectsWithFetchSpec on EOEditingContext, the objectstore is
locked before a fetch takes place. As a result, no other fetch can proceed
until the object store is unlocked.  The answer seemed suspicious in the fact
that it's being done on the Session anyway...

So, I guess my question boils down to… is it even possible? Is this the 'single
EOF lock' that Chuck Hill and Ravi Mendis were referring to in a previous list
message?

Thanks,

Ramsey