Cheong, what build of WOLips 3.7 you're running? I'm thinking your're
running older build and that's why you're not getting the issue.

I've confirmed that the issue is with WOVariables class and recently (10
months ago) added resolvedPath method.

https://github.com/wolips/wolips/commit/bac2d4ea2488a0341bdb84bfa08627b8
6cd519dd

1.  What happens is that these lines in resolvedPath flip the slashes
from "/" to "\" ("C:/Apple" becomes "C:\Apple")

File filepath = new File(path);

return filepath.toString();

2.  Then WOVariables.encodePath fails to properly encode the path:

Properties prop = new Properties();

                WOEnvironment woEnvironment = new WOEnvironment(prop);

                WOVariables woVariables =
woEnvironment.getWOVariables();

                System.out.println(WOVariables.SYSTEM_ROOT + " = " +
woVariables.systemRoot());

                System.out.println(WOVariables.LOCAL_ROOT + " = " +
woVariables.localRoot());

                String encodedSystemRoot = woVariables.encodePath(
woVariables.systemRoot() );

                String encodedLocalRoot = woVariables.encodePath(
woVariables.localRoot() );

                System.out.println("Encoded " + WOVariables.SYSTEM_ROOT
+ " = " + encodedSystemRoot);

                System.out.println("Encoded " + WOVariables.SYSTEM_ROOT
+ " = " + encodedLocalRoot);

Running the app above with woproject.jar from 3.7:

wo.system.root = C:\Apple

wo.local.root = C:\Apple\Local

Encoded wo.system.root = C:/Apple

Encoded wo.system.root = C:/Apple/Local

Running the app with woproject.jar from 3.6:

wo.system.root = C:/Apple

wo.local.root = C:/Apple/Local

Encoded wo.system.root = WOROOT

Encoded wo.system.root = LOCALROOT