Success.  I basically did what is below for both takeValuesFromRequest
invokeAction (looked at original and just added the check to see if it was a
splitviewsection) and it now works.

Thanks yet again!  I'll make a version of this for the MooTools framework.
It's pretty cool if you like splitviews.  You can have either 2 or 3 columns
(or rows) and you can nest the split views.