Thanks Fabian,
I'm currently looking at both files, trying to compare them.  The thing is that
the Maven configuration file includes a lot more jars in the classpath that our
previous configuration (like JavaWOJSPServlet and stuff like that) so I guess I
will try to exclude a few things I don't need and see if it changes anything.
Martin