But also ruby, is that also painless and lightweight enough to justify
installing in order to pick up homebrew?

Are you saying that apache2.2 ends up existing in parallel with apache 2.4
after doing this?

I have read through more list postings and I see that mod_proxy can be used to
sidestep mod_webobjects and wotaskd; is this the likely future path / already
being done for deployments as well as development environments?

Is there likely to be a wiki page to help explain the transition? Is
mod_webobjects likely to be made compatible with apache 2.4?

Many thanks,
John