D2W’s magic is that it uses the model for everything. That’s a bit of
overstatement.

Seriously, what do you get if you:
1. create a new Wonder D2W application (defaults for everything, do not refer
to any other projects)
2. run it.

that’s right. No model. just a dummy D2W app. you should get the login page,
when you login, you get a Search All page.

does this work? If it does not, then we can trouble shoot your set up. If it
does work, we can add a model and see what it does.

JMHO BTW

Ted

On Oct 30, 2014, at 10:49 AM, Flavio Donadio <fla...@donadio.com.br> wrote:

> Theodore,
>

> I followed the steps from the REST Tutorial to create a model, but I am
> creating a D2W application instead. I didn't create a framework. I've done
> this before and it worked.
>
> But this error message is a little more "enlightening":
>
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: <com.webobjects.appserver.WOApplication>
> Class 'Session' exists (interface org.apache.axis.session.Session) but is not
> a subclass of WOSession.
>
> I added the right imports to the class files, so it uses the Session class in
> the project. But it seems something is going wrong...
>

> Cheers,
> Flavio
>
> On 29/10/2014, at 18:35, Theodore Petrosky <tedp...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> d2w.d2wmodel is empty when you create a new d2w app. the action happens in
>> user.d2wmodel
>>
>> This is odd that I see entity=Product. Where is that coming from?
>>
>> basically if you create a new d2w app with NO model. it should start. you
>> just can’t do anything.
>>
>> according to the docs, you are supposed to be picking up the model you
>> created in the last step:
>>
>> http://wiki.wocommunity.org/display/WEB/Your+First+Framework
>>
>> which is creating a framework from the model you created in the previous
>> Your First Rest Project.
>>
>> did you do this?
>>

>> On Oct 29, 2014, at 3:46 PM, Flavio Donadio <fla...@donadio.com.br> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello, all!
>>>

>>> I am getting this error when I run the app for the first time:
>>>
>>> [2014-10-29 17:37:34 BRST] <WorkerThread1>
>>> on the action "login" with the message:
>>> com.webobjects.directtoweb.D2WModelException: Error - could not find any
>>> rule that returns a pageName using the current context <D2WContext
>>> task=list, entity=Product, propertyKey=null, pageConfiguration=null>
>>> - Error with action login:com.webobjects.directtoweb.D2WModelException:
>>> Error - could not find any rule that returns a pageName using the current
>>> context <D2WContext task=list, entity=Product, propertyKey=null,
>>> pageConfiguration=null>, formValues:{username = (""); password = ("");
>>> wosid = ("WnGhLWoSK3H0Bvw752rq0g"); WOSubmitAction = ("login"); }
>>> com.webobjects.directtoweb.D2WModelException: Error - could not find any
>>> rule that returns a pageName using the current context <D2WContext
>>> task=list, entity=Product, propertyKey=null, pageConfiguration=null>
>>>     at com.webobjects.directtoweb.D2WContext.pageName(D2WContext.java:734)
>>>     at
>>> com.webobjects.directtoweb.D2W._pageWithContextTaskEntity(D2W.java:874)
>>>     at
>>> com.webobjects.directtoweb.D2W._pageWithContextTaskEntity(D2W.java:859)
>>>     at
>>> com.webobjects.directtoweb.D2W.pageForTaskAndEntityNamed(D2W.java:896)
>>>     at com.webobjects.directtoweb.D2W.listPageForEntityNamed(D2W.java:1034)
>>>     at
>>> br.com.codeprint.website.MainNavigationController.listPageForEntityName(MainNavigationController.java:32)
>>>     at
>>> br.com.codeprint.website.MainNavigationController.homeAction(MainNavigationController.java:26)
>>>     at
>>> br.com.codeprint.website.DirectAction.loginAction(DirectAction.java:72)
>>>     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>>     at
>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
>>>     at
>>>     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
>>>     at
>>> com.webobjects.appserver.WODirectAction.performActionNamed(WODirectAction.java:144)
>>>     at
>>> er.extensions.appserver.ERXDirectAction.performActionNamed(ERXDirectAction.java:418)
>>>     at
>>> er.directtoweb.ERD2WDirectAction.performActionNamed(ERD2WDirectAction.java:456)
>>>     at
>>> com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOActionRequestHandler._handleRequest(WOActionRequestHandler.java:259)
>>>     at
>>> com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOActionRequestHandler.handleRequest(WOActionRequestHandler.java:158)
>>>     at
>>> com.webobjects.appserver.WOApplication.dispatchRequest(WOApplication.java:1687)
>>>     at
>>> com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOWorkerThread.runOnce(WOWorkerThread.java:144)
>>>     at
>>> com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOWorkerThread.run(WOWorkerThread.java:226)
>>>     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
>>>
>>> It's a new application and I triple-checked the boilerpate code that should
>>> go into MainNavigationController.java. NavigationMenu.plist also seems to
>>> be good.
>>>
>>> d2w.d2wmodel is empty, which seems strange. I had never looked into that
>>> file before, I think.
>>>
>>> I still did not implement authentication, but changed the code according to
>>> the tutorial at
>>> http://wiki.wocommunity.org/display/WEB/Your+First+D2W+Project .
>>>
>>> Eclipse 4.4 (Luna) and WOLips 4.4 compiled by myself.

> [...]
>>> Flavio