Since I started nagging I had to try out Ivy. My first impression is that it
works quite well and is easy to integrate with WO. Hope this helps someone, I’m
really enjoying my new dependency managed WO life so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtkgAAT91E0

——————

** 1: Install Ivy for Eclipse. The URL for the update site is:
http://www.apache.org/dist/ant/ivyde/updatesite/ . Make sure you only select
the most recent versions of Ivy and IvyDE when installing.

** 2: Add a file called ivy.xml to the root of your project. This file contains
information about your Ivy module and declares dependencies. Paste in the
following code (I included a dependency on Gson so we can quickly ensure Ivy is
working):

        <ivy-module version="2.0">
                <info organisation="com.corporation.my" module="my-module"
revision="1.0" />
                <dependencies>
                        <dependency org="com.google.code.gson" name="gson"
rev="2.3.1" />
                </dependencies>
        </ivy-module>

** 3: Right click the WO project you want to add dependency management to.
Select “Properties -> Java Build Path -> Add Library -> IvyDE Managed
Dependencies” and click “Finish”. Ivy is now in your Eclipse project and
dependencies declared in ivy.xml will appear in the “Ivy" classpath container
of your project. In oter words; you can start using Gson while developing
within Eclipse. But we still have a couple of things to do to make Ivy work in
your ant-builds.

** 4: Modify your build.xml to use Ivy for resolving dependencies:

        a) Define the Ivy namespace declaration in the <project> tag:

        <project name="Strimillinn" default="build" basedir="."
xmlns:ivy="antlib:org.apache.ivy.ant">

        b) Add a target for resolving dependencies using Ivy:

        <target name="resolve" description="retrieve dependencies with ivy">
                <ivy:retrieve
pattern="Libraries/[artifact]-[revision]-[type].[ext]" />
        </target>

        c) Finally, make the "init.build" target depend on the "resolve" target.

        <target name="init.build" depends="init.properties,resolve">

** 5: Install the ivy ant-task on your build machine (if you have one). One way
to do that is to download the .jar from Ivy’s site and put it in ~/.ant/lib

Cheers,
- hugi

// Hugi Thordarson
// http://www.loftfar.is/