A common practice is to partition the database tables in several different
schemas (or databases, depending on the specific RDBMS system in use) to group
tables that are conceptually related. For example, a Product schema would have
Product, Inventory, Category and other tables.

That said, I have been thinking about how to deal with fully qualified names in
my EO models. The obvious solution was to use the qualified name SCHEMA.TABLE
in the entity’s "External Name”. But this leads to a cumbersome need to split
the names in every SQL generation method for each specific plugin and SQLHelper
that needs to access the external table name.

Another possibility, more explicit and more direct, would be to have a new
field in Entity Modeler to insert the schema name. This way we would have an
entity property that could be directly used to build SQL with the schema name.
It would make the SQL generation code non-ambiguous and less error prone.

I would like the comrades' opinions to decide if it is worth to move forward
with the WOLips and Wonder modifications.

Regards,

Angelo

Ângelo Andrade Cirino
aacir...@gmail.com

"O homem sensato se adapta ao mundo. O insensato insiste em tentar adaptar o
mundo a ele. Todo o progresso depende, portanto, do homem insensato"
Sir George Benard Shaw

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists
in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the
unreasonable man."
Sir George Benard Shaw