Hi Dave,

I understand your reasoning on using UserInfo dictionaries, but when I look at
the plugins code I imagine the use o methods like

myEntity.qualifiedName() => SCHEMA.TABLE
myEntity.qualifiedQuotedName() => “SCHEMA”.”TABLE"
myAttribute.qualifiedName() => TABLE.COLUMN
myAttribute.fullyQualifiedName() => SCHEMA.TABLE.COLUMN

This would spare some work in the composition of the names in the generation of
expressions and SQL code. Also, this methods, as KVC, would be accessible for
every other use that is needed, for example in template parsing.

For me, the more explicit the better.

Angelo

> Em 04/05/2015, à(s) 22:43, David Avendasora <webobje...@avendasora.com>
> escreveu:
>
> I'm not sure that modifying the plugins to use a UserInfo dictionary entry
> would be more likely to cause problems than modifying them to use a new
> top-level entry.
>
> There is already a _entityModeler key that is added to the various UserInfo
> dictionaries to hold things like multiple connection dictionaries and
> modelDoc that are additions to the apple-published spec.
>
> With that said, in this particular situation it seems more likely that the
> individual plugins should be modified to deal with multiple components in the
> table name. As you noted, different DBs have different levels of organization
> available. Schemas, Table Spaces, Databases, OracleWhatzit, etc. simply
> adding a key for schema is an oversimplification that begs for misuse (most
> likely by me).
>
> Dave

Ângelo Andrade Cirino
aacir...@gmail.com

"O homem sensato se adapta ao mundo. O insensato insiste em tentar adaptar o
mundo a ele. Todo o progresso depende, portanto, do homem insensato"
Sir George Benard Shaw

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists
in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the
unreasonable man."
Sir George Benard Shaw