On Dec 6, 2015, at 9:21 PM, Jeff Schmitz <jeffschm...@icloud.com> wrote:

> I’m trying to follow the instructions at:
> https://wiki.wocommunity.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=7143530
>
> I'm using one machine for a web server (e.g. Apache, womonitor) and one for
> the application server (wotaskd, my app)
>
> I’ve set the WebObjectsConfig appropriately on the webserver machine, e.g.:
>
> WebObjectsConfig http://www.server.com:1085,http://www2.server.com:1085 10
>
> I have added the application server host and the application to java monitor
> on the web server and it all looks good.
>
> I start up the remote application from the webserver javamonitor, but when I
> try to reach the app using the webserver URL, it says application not found.
> However, if I try to access the application by going straight to the
> application server URL, it works.  (I do have apache setup on the application
> server as well).
>
> I tested the 2001 and 1085 ports using telnet from the web server to the
> application server, and both ports are open.
>
> One thing that isn’t clear in the wiki instructions is what the WOHost
> parameters should be set to on the app server machine.  I set them to the app
> server itself’s address, and it works with a local instance of
> Apache/JavaMonitor, but should I keep them set to this when I want to run
> them as remote applications from the webserver?
>
> If that’s not it, any other ideas?

If it's not a firewall issue, it might be a DNS issue if you are using host
names.  If memory serves then use the WOHost parameter as the hostname you use
in JavaMonitor. If you have multiple IP addresses you'll need to check if
everyone is listing on the right socket, check with lsof -i tcp:1085 or lsof -i
tcp:2001

Make sure there is only one JavaMonior running, usually on the head node. One
wotaskd on each server and only one apache web server - the head node.

Try to completely set up one host only, so no www2 server anywhere - not in
JavaMonitor nor WebObjectsConfig. First use localhost and make sure the app is
working.

Then use the servers' IP address, at this point you can't use 'localhost'
anymore anywhere. Make sure your app is still working. After that add the other
host to WebObjectsConfig and JavaMonitor using the IP addresses (avoiding any
DNS issues). Double check the syntax on that line. JavaMonitor should say that
both hosts are available.

If you make changes in JavaMonitor to the configuration, make sure you see the
SiteConfig.xml file change on both servers (usually in
/Library/WebObjects/Configuration).

If both servers are talking to each other, add your application in JavaMonitor
and add one instance for each host. Then try to turn them on and off and watch
the processes on each of the hosts start and stop.

BTW, you should be able to manage all instance nodes and instances regardless
of the web server. You can check the mechanics before you turn on the site.

Hope this helps. It's been a while since I've done this.

kib

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're
curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
Walt Disney

Klaus Berkling
www.berkling.us | @kiberkli | Photography